A NOOB'S RANDOM THOUGHTS
- Has a low recovery which is largely irrelevant due to Aunt May.
- He has an average hand size of 6.
- His Scientist ability is always welcome as it allows him to more efficiently play his 6 card hand size.
- It may also come in handy if Alter-Ego only cards are printed that require a resource.
- There might be a archetype in the future which makes use of his and Black Cat's affinity.
- A THW of 1 is really bad and combined with only a situational threat removal card (Spider-Tracer) in his character card pool, Spider-Man will not be leading the charge as far as thwarting is concerned.
- This is somewhat offset by the fact that Spider-Man will spend the majority of the game in Hero Form.
- Still, without a dedicated thwarter (or in solo), Spider-Man is very vulnerable to threat (to Side Schemes in particular).
- ATK 2 is average and here and there will help out with Minion control.
- DEF 3 combined with Spider-Man’s defensive card pool is phenomenal.
- 10 HP is on the lower side of things; however it should not be a problem due to Spider-Man’s excellent defensive options.
- Spider-Sense effectively means you have a 6 card hand size in Hero Form, which is great.
- It is also not limited to once per round, which means every time the Villain initiates an attack against you, you draw a card. Might have some interesting combo potential with future cards.
Spider-Man’s card pool is focused on mitigating the Villain’s turn. He plays very much in the moment with very few cards that stick around for the long-term.
Aspect parings with Spider-Man
- The Aggression Aspect provides effective Minion control to Spider-Man’s card pool. It also brings more (if slightly less efficient) damage dealing capabilities.
- The Justice Aspect brings cards that cover Spider-Man’s greatest weakness, thwarting. With this Aspect Spider-Man becomes a true Jack-of-all-trades, able to participate in every facet of the game.
- The Leadership Aspect brings in multiple Ally choices that can help mitigate Spider-Man’s weaknesses while simultaneously supporting his strengths. Such across the board versatility does come with a slight cost ratio premium.
- The Protection Aspect very much doubles down on Spider-Man’s main strength, mitigating the Villain’s turn and defending his fellow teammates.
If you found this review helpful, like so that I can write more reviews :)