Card draw simulator
|None. Self-made deck here.|
Schmendrix · 184
Designed this deck for a 4P run of the RoRS scenario. Haven't tested it extensively yet, but I'll make a couple of notes for posterity:
- The unavoidable math of Spider-Woman involves card draw. She needs it to consistently get to 4/4/4 or 5/5/5 stat lines. With a 5 card hand and 13/13/2/2 frequencies on the aspects, you've got a 29.5% chance of drawing 3 aspect cards. If you can draw three more, you get up to a 56.1% chance of seeing 3 aspect cards.
- The other key dynamic is thinning the deck. If you can get 4 SW/Basic cards and 3 from each of the two main aspects on the table, your odds to see 3 aspect cards improve with a 5 card draw to 39.7% and with 8 cards to 69.3%. Note that the odds improved by ~10% with a 5-card draw and by 13.6% with an 8-card draw - every card drawn gets more valuable as your deck thins out.
- Therefore, this deck is designed to lay down a lot of cheap upgrades and allies, fueling Spider-Woman early game and then making her quite consistent with her signature aspect events and frequent 4/4/4 stat line.
- Strength in Numbers provides the core card draw mechanic.
- Inspired and Sky Cycle belong on Captain Marvel; she also delivers card draw, and her longevity is increased with Med Team.
- Wonder Man and Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) can help turn dead cards into damage.
- I will keep an eye on whether Make the Call is really important. I want it to be able to pull CM from the discard, but I might ultimately opt for Inspiring Presence or Get Ready.
Note: All math calculated using this: https://deckulator.appspot.com/static/advanced.html. Very helpful, and, in general, would encourage more deckbuilders to share the odds of key combos.